Rincon Research’s E2S2 is a second generation, bidirectional, Ethernet-to-serial converter card with USB, RS-232, I2C, and GPIO capability. It enables a single Ethernet control port for a chassis or other complex system. E2S2 is a flexible system supervisor and system controller. It ties together a variety of system components for remote management, including fans, USB devices, Ethernet devices, analog sensors, and digital sensors.
- Managed or unmanaged 6-port Ethernet switch
- Includes distributed switch architecture (DSA) capabilities to allow the host to control each port individually
- Command and control via 10/100/1000 Ethernet or web API
- Up to 9 RS-232 serial ports
- USB host with integrated 12-port hub, including 2 ports with standby power
- Includes 48 GPIO pins with High, Low, Rising Edge, Falling Edge, Double Edge, or tachometer input modes and High, Low, or 12.5 kHz PWM output modes
- ADC with eight channels
- Dedicated I2C and SPI buses for off-board communications
- Two input power options: 5 V, 3-pin, Micro-Fit connector; 6 V to 36 V, 2-pin Mini-Fit connector
- Supports encryption keys on the FPGA
Download the E2S2 Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- E2S2 Ethernet to serial adapter
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
3-pin Micro-Fit (5 V), 2-pin Mini-Fit (6 V to 36 V)
5 W (typ). Capable of supplying full power to all USB ports (an additional 30 W)
8 USB type-A connectors, 4 JST connectors
9 JST 3-wire connectors
MOSI/MISO/CS, 1 MHz
SCLK/SDATA, 400 kHz
Up to 48 GPIO pins
12 bits, 8 channels, 125 kSPS, 0 V to 1 V voltage limit
Command and Control
10/100/1000 Ethernet, RJ45
5 ports 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RJ45
Dimensions & Weight
3.876” x 3.876” (9.85 cm x 9.85 cm), 4.89 oz