XSDR LPFE DSP Base Card
For systems requiring a high-performance software-defined radio (SDR), Rincon Research Corporation’s (RRC) LPFE is a low-power, high-capability FPGA processor card in the eXtreme Software-Defined Radio (xSDR) family. With its powerful Kintex-7 FPGA fabric, combined with the dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor in the Xilinx Zynq SoC, this card can handle demanding digital signal processing (DSP) applications without an attached server or laptop. LPFE includes numerous peripherals to simplify system design. LPFE’s mezzanine interface provides a high-performance path for expanding capabilities with the xSDR RFXR and IFXR cards.
- Designed for low-SWaP, high-capability applications
- Capable of standalone operation without host computer
- Expandable with RRC’s xSDR RFXR and IFXR cards for RF and IF I/O.
- High-performance Xilinx Zynq FPGA/ARM SoC (Z7030, Z7035, or Z7045)
- Loaded with RRC’s embedded Linux distribution and control API
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet Interface for command and control and high-speed data
- 10GBASE-T interface available for additional high-speed data capability
- Flexible power options
- 9 VDC to 57 VDC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Type 2
- Accepts external time/frequency standards for geo-capable time-tagging of mezzanine data
- Flexible boot options
- NFS, microSD card, or RAM disk
- Write-protection controls for all non-volatile memory
- Rechargeable coin-cell battery for persistent key storage and real-time clock function
- Fan connector with 5 V power, tachometer, and PWM signals
- Multiple heatsink options available
- Available in rugged, high-quality packages with the MountainBrik™ application: LPFE RFXR and LPFE IFXR.
Download the xSDR Family Product Brief for more information about the xSDR product family.
Orderable Part Numbers:
LPC-10- f s
- f = Zynq SoC model
- Z7045 (standard), Z7035, or Z7030
- s = SoC Temperature range and speed grade
- E2 (standard)
- LPC-10-Z7045E2 LPFE with Zynq Z7045, E2 temperature and speed grade
- LPC-10-Z7045I2 LPFE with Zynq Z7045, I2 temperature and speed grade
Other configurations are possible, please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
Xilinx Zynq Z7045 standard,
Z7030 and Z7035 also available
FPGA attached: 2 GByte
ARM attached: 512 MByte
USB 2.0 OTG
UARTs: USB and RS-232
10GBASE-T (requires additional interface card)
FPGA attached: LVCMOS, bi-directional, 4 bit
ARM attached: LVCMOS, bi-directional, 6 bit
ARM attached: External I2C header
1 PPS and 10 MHz connectors, SMA
DC IRIG-B, U.FL
RRC’s embedded Linux distribution
Dimensions & Weight
5.26” x 2.32” (with connectors)
4.755” x 2.32” (without connectors)
2.96 oz (84 g)