Rincon Research Corporation’s IFXR is a compact, high-performance IF transceiver. When combined with the LPFE base card, numerous software-defined radio (SDR) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications are possible, many of which can operate standalone, without a host server or laptop. Typical applications include:
- Digitizing 70 MHz and 140 MHz IF receiver outputs
- Directly sampling HF signals
- Directly sampling VHF and UHF signals (may require additional anti-alias filters)
- Signal modulation and demodulation
- F1/F2 coherent IF repeater
- IF to disk
- Test signal/beacon transmitter, aligned to external 1 PPS and 10 MHz signals
- Sub-band tuning and channelizing
- IF-to-packets for IF signal transport over networks (digital IF)
- IFXR includes is a dual-channel, 14 bit ADC, sampling at up 500 MHz, and a dual-channel DAC, sampling up to 615 MSPS. RF switches in the ADC input circuitry provide a runtime selectable 205 MHz low-pass filter. When the switches are configured to bypass the filter, the entire 100 kHz to 1 GHz passband is available for digitizing wideband signals.
The IFXR DACs can be used with the LPFE base card to produce 70 MHz and 140 MHz IF signals, HF signals, and VHF signals. Like the ADC channels, a runtime selectable 290 MHz low-pass filter is available to remove DAC sampling artifacts, simplify integration with other systems.
Both ADC channels share a very low jitter clock enabling multi-channel signal processing. Both DAC channels share a separate, very low-jitter clock. This clocking architecture supports demanding polarization combining and MIMO applications. Multiple IFXR cards can be synchronized together for array processing applications; contact us for more details.
- Dual-channel, 14 bit ADC, 200 MSPS to 500 MSPS, Analog Devices AD9684
- Dual-channel, 16 bit DAC, 10 MSPS to 615 MSPS Analog Devices AD9122
- Low-jitter clock generator, Silicon Labs Si5346 (standard) or Si5340
- Runtime selectable filters for each channel
- Integrated shield for low EMI
- Custom heatsinks available
Download the xSDR Family Product Brief for more information about the other members of the xSDR product family.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- LPM-IFXR-0200 Dual-channel IF Transceiver
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
Input Bandwidth, Filter Bypassed (-3 dB)
100 kHz to 1.0 GHz
Input Bandwidth, with LPF (-3 dB)
Full-Scale Analog Input
> 80 dB (typ)
10 MSPS to 615 MSPS
Max RF Output Frequency
500 MHz with 2x Interpolation
Max Signal Bandwidth
Output Filter Bandwidth (-3dB)
-4.0 dBm (max)
Clock Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
> 65 dB (typ)
Two-Tone Intermodulation Distortion (IMD)
80 dB (typ)
DAC to DAC Isolation
> 85 dB (typ)
1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
ADC shield on top, DAC shield on bottom
4 W to 5 W (typ)
Dimensions & Weight
3.34” x 1.83” x 0.58” (84.7 mm x 46.4 mm x 14.7 mm) (with connectors)
2.835” x 1.825” (without connectors)
1.94 oz (55 g)
Four SMA, optional MCX
With external clock connections
With 1 PPS and external 10 MHz reference on host card
Two PLLs total: configurable shared PLL or separate PLLs for ADC and DAC