xSDR RFXR (BECOMING DEPRECATED)
Rincon Research Corporation’s (RRC) RFXR is becoming deprecated. It is a compact, low-power RF transceiver. When combined with the LPFE base card, numerous software-defined radio (SDR) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications are possible, many of which can operate standalone, without a host server or laptop. Typical applications include:
- Signal modulation and demodulation
- F1/F2 coherent RF repeater
- RF to disk
- Test signal/beacon transmitter, aligned to external 1 PPS and 10 MHz signals
- Sub-band tuning and channelizing
- RF-to-packets for RF signal transport over networks (digital IF)
- RFXR is based on the Analog Devices AD9361 transceiver IC. This IC contains direct-conversion architecture (zero IF or I/Q) dual-channel receivers and transmitters. RRC has carefully engineered the receiver front-end circuitry to achieve high performance without the need for external filters or LNAs.
The receive channels share a common receiver LO, can tune from 70 MHz to 6 GHz, and offer a runtime configurable IF bandwidth from 200 kHz to 56 MHz. Receiver gain can be independently adjusted from 1 dB to 60 dB in 1 dB steps.
The transmit channels share a common transmitter LO, can tune from 70 MHz to 6 GHz, and also offer runtime configurable IF bandwidth. Maximum transmitter power is about +4 dBm, with more than 90 dB adjustment range in ¼ dB steps.
RRC’s RFXR interface IP provides high-accuracy, high-precision time-tagging of receiver data. Even at low sample rates, our time-tags are accurate to within a few nanoseconds, providing true sub-sample precision for demanding applications!
- 70 MHz to 6 GHz MIMO-capable transceiver, Analog Devices AD9361
- High-performance front-end receiver circuitry with LNA and pre-selector
- Control over the web with RRC’s embedded Linux API
- High-precision, high-accuracy time-tagging capability
- Integrated shield for low EMI
- Custom heatsinks available
Download the xSDR Family Product Brief for more information about the other members of the xSDR product family.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- LPM-RFXR-0200 70 MHz to 6 GHz MIMO Transceiver
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
70 MHz to 6 GHz
250 kHz to 56 MHz (runtime configurable)
< 3 W (typ) RFXR board only
Gain Adjustment Range
1 dB to 60 dB, 1 dB steps
Phase Noise (1 kHz to 1 MHz)
0.11° at 100 MHz, 0.26° at 1 GHz, 0.52° at 2.5 GHz, 1.3° at 6 GHz
Accepts optional external LO
> 72 dB (typ)
I/Q Image and DC Cancellation
> 80 dBc (typ)
5 dB to 7 dB (typ)
0.25 MSPS to 61.44 MSPS (I and Q)
Up to 128 (runtime configurable)
Output Power Attenuation Range
0 dB to 89.75 dB, 0.25 dB steps
Full-scale Transmit Power (CW)
+4 dBm (max), 0 dBm (typ), -4 dBm (min)
RF (carrier) Harmonics
3*fLO: -10 dBc, 5*fLO: -15 dBc (typ)
Dimensions & Weight
3.34” x 1.83” x 0.58” (84.7 mm x 46.4 mm x 14.7 mm) (with connectors)
2.835” x 1.825” (without connectors)
1.94 oz (55 g)