DSPBRIK™ II X7D2285 Wideband DAC with FPGA (BECOMING DEPRECATED)
The DSPBrik™ II X7D2285 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) card is becomind deprecated. It combines two 14 bit DACs, with a large FPGA for high-performance digital signal processing. The DACs can sample at up to 2.85 GSPS to generate analog output signals from 10 MHz to 4 GHz. With bandpass filters, the DACs can output signals in multiple Nyquist zones using the mix mode feature. The FPGA and DACs are controlled via an on-board microprocessor running embedded Linux.
The X7D2285 is ideal for producing wideband satellite communication signals. A typical application includes direct generation of an L-band (950 MHz to 1750 MHz) signal for a microwave block up converter.
The FPGA can be used to implement a number of different functions, such as sub-band combining and modulation. Input data can be sourced from other systems via multiple 10GbE interfaces. The X7D2285 is used as a core component of the P2A.
- Wide analog output bandwidth, up to 1425 MHz
- Data can be provided at 2.85 GSPS, and the DAC can operate in mix-mode updating at 5.7 GSPS, covering 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Nyquist zones
- Output L band directly to a microwave up converter (950 MHz to 1750 MHz)
- Dual-channel architecture permits synthesis of multiple antenna polarizations
- Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA for data processing and precision time alignment
- 2 GByte DDR3 SDRAM attached to the Virtex-7 FPGA for wideband signal storage
- Programmable on-board clock generator (up to 2.85 GHz), with internal or external 10 MHz reference
- Precision time alignment of sampled data via NMEA-0183 or IRIG-B time code and 1 PPS inputs
- 800 MHz NXP P1010 processor with Rincon Research Corporation’s embedded Linux distribution
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet interface for command and control operation
- One high-speed DSPBrik™II connector utilizing LVDS signaling
- One high-speed SERDES connector attached to eight Virtex-7 transceivers capable of various serial formats (RXAUI/XAUI/SGMII/PCIe)
- 4.6 inch square form factor
For more information, download the DSPBrik II Family Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- ** X7D2285-X330C1** Wideband DAC with Virtex-7 XC7VX330T-1C FPGA
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.