Rincon Research’s MountainBrik RAID and Acquisition (MBRA) IFXRRD is a compact, high-speed storage solution with integrated signal acquisition. The IFXRRD-01 has dual, 500 MSPS, IF digitizers.
Recordings can be done in single shot or in looped mode. In looped mode, new data overwrites older data for indefinite recording duration. Six solid-state disks are easily removable from the top of the chassis to facilitate quick drive swaps in the field for additional storage.
The recorded data playback feature permits the user to reproduce an analog output of recorded data streams. Recorded data is time tagged when the system is connected to external time/frequency sources.
The IFXRRD has two independent inputs that can be used simultaneously. It includes two, independent, sub-band tuners that can be deployed on either of the input channels. The sub-band tuners support output bandwidths from 21 kHz to 42 MHz. An intuitive Java-based command and control interface supports operation using Windows, OS X, and Linux platforms.
- Save the entire 105 MHz input bandwidth to disk for more than 7 hours
- Record at rates of up to 700 MByte/s in a single shot or in looped mode for indefinite recording duration
- Quickly and easily swap the six removable, solid-state disks for additional data storage
- Ascertain system health at a glance using the intuitive Web-based control interface
- Transport the system in a rugged, lightweight, waterproof case
For more information, download the MBRA IFXRRD Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- IFXRRD-01 IF RAID system, IFXR, dual ADC, 6 x 960 GB SSDs and GPSDO
- IFXRRD-03 same as IFXRRD-01, but with 6 x 1920 GB SSDs
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
- LPRD-01 RF RAID system, RFXR, dual ADC, 6x960GB SSDs and GPSDO
- LPRD-02 same as LPRD-01, with addition of laptop controller
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
Rincon’s xSDR IFXR
Max Record Rate
Analog Input Channels
Dual, common clock
Input Sample Rate
Up to 500 MSPS
Input Bandwidth (max)
1 MHz to 1000 MHz
Input Amplitude (Full-Scale)
450 mVpp (-3 dBm)
220 MHz low-pass filter, runtime selectable
Analog Output Channels
Output Sample Rate
Up to 500 MSPS
Output Amplitude (Full-Scale)
SMA (50 Ω)
Integrated GPS disciplined oscillator (GPSDO)
External antenna included
Within 2 ns of 1 PPS from GPSDO
Core i7, Quad Core
Up to 6 TB or 12 TB with support for RAID 0, 5, or 6
4-line LCD with control panel
USB 3.0 (with security door), VGA
13.5” x 12” x 6” Pelican case
11 VDC to 30 VDC (AC power adapter included)
60 W (typ)
Ambient Operating Temperature
0°C to +45°C