Rincon Research Corporation’s (RRC) LPFE-IFXR-01 is an eXtreme Software-Defined Radio (xSDR), combining the xSDR LPFE DSP Base Card and xSDR IFXR in a compact chassis. The LPFE-IFXR is a high-performance DSP system, ideal for pairing with microwave receivers or direct-sampling HF signals. Its high-performance dual IF transceiver includes 14 bit, 500 MSPS ADCs and 16 bit, 615 MSPS DACs. This mezzanine card includes filters and amplifiers to simplify interfacing with external receivers and antennas.
The MountainBrik™ application may be used with the LPFE-IFXR to control the transceiver, view signal spectra, and record receiver data. RRC’s embedded Linux distribution, combined with the MountainBrik firmware, is capable of streaming signal data through the Ethernet interface at over 100 MByte/sec.
- Wide input bandwidth enables IF digitization and direct-sampling applications from HF to 1 GHz
- Dual channel 14 bit ADCs, 200 MSPS to 500 MSPS
- Dual channel 16 bit DACs, 10 MSPS to 615 MSPS
- Ultra-low jitter integrated clock source, accepts external reference
- High-performance Xilinx Zynq Z7045 FPGA/ARM SoC
- Low-power IF-to-packets capability
- Many applications consume less than 15 W
- Capable of high-rate, high-order modulations (application not
- FSK, BPSK, QPSK, SQPSK, 8PSK, QAM16 to QAM1024
- Flexible boot options
- NFS, microSD card, or RAM-disk
- Write-protection controls for all non-volatile memory
- Flexible power options
- 9 VDC to 57 VDC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Type 2
- Accepts external time/frequency standards for geo-capable time-tagging
- Two rugged enclosures available, fan-cooled or conduction-cooled with IP-67 construction
For more information, download the LPFE-IFXR Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- LPFE-IFXR-01 LPFE Chassis with integrated LPC-10-Z7045E2 (extended temperature FPGA 0°C to 100°C) and LPM-IFXR-0200, fan cooled
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
Analog Digitizer Card
RRC’s xSDR IFXR
Dual, 14 bit, 200 MSPS to 500 MSPS
ADC Full-Scale Input
ADC Two-Tone IMD
< -80 dBc (typ)
Dual, 16 bit, 10 MSPS to 615 MSPS
DAC Two-Tone IMD
> 65 dB (typ)
Switchable low-pass filters.
ADC: 220 MHz, DAC: 290 MHz
DSP Base Card
RRC’s xSDR LPFE DSP Base Card
Xilinx Zynq Z7045 standard,
Z7030 and Z7035 also available
FPGA attached: 2 GBytes
ARM attached: 512 MBytes
USB 2.0 OTG
UARTs: USB and RS-232
1 PPS and 10 MHz connectors, SMA,
DC IRIG-B, U.FL
RRC’s embedded Linux distribution
Fan-Cooled: 5.45” x 5.00” x 1.50”, 35.5 oz.
Conduction-Cooled: 10.00” x 3.50”, x 2.46”, 62.4 oz.