Rincon Research Corporation’s (RRC) LPFE-RFXR is software-defined radio (SDR) system, combining the xSDR LPFE DSP Base Card and the xSDR RFXR into a compact chassis. Its 2×2 MIMO RF transceiver is based on Analog Devices AD9361 to achieve high performance without the need for external filters or LNAs. Tunable from 70 MHz to 6 GHz with up to 56 MHz signal bandwidth, it is ideal for low-power RF front end applications.
The MountainBrik™ application may be used with the LPFE-RFXR to control the receivers, view signal spectra, and record receiver data. RRC’s unique MountainBrik firmware provides nanosecond-accurate time tags regardless of the sample rate. RRC’s embedded Linux distribution, combined with the MountainBrik firmware, is capable of streaming signal data through the Ethernet interface at over 100 MByte/sec.
The board support package (BSP) includes example HDL code and Vivado project and constraints files. The BSP code can be used to implement a simple transponder function where receiver data is looped-back inside the FPGA to the transmitters.
- 70 MHz to 6 GHz MIMO transceiver
- High-performance Xilinx Zynq Z7045 FPGA/ARM SoC
- Low-power RF-to-packets capability
- Many applications consume less than 15 W
- Capable of high-rate, high-order modulations (application not
- FSK, BPSK, QPSK, SQPSK, 8PSK, QAM16 to QAM1024
- Flexible boot options
- NFS, microSD card, or RAM-disk
- Write-protection controls for all non-volatile memory
- Flexible power options
- 9 VDC to 57 VDC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Type 2
- Accepts external time/frequency standards for geo-capable time-tagging
- Two rugged enclosures available, fan-cooled or conduction-cooled with IP-67 construction
For more information, download the LPFE-RFXR Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- LPFE-RFXR-01 Chassis with integrated LPC-10-Z7045I2 (industrial temperature FPGA -40°C to 100°C) and LPM-RFXR-0200, fan cooled
- LPFE-RFXR-02 LPFE Chassis with integrated LPC-10-Z7045E2 (extended temperature FPGA 0°C to 100°C) and LPM-RFXR-0200, fan cooled
- xSDR-02 IP-67 chassis with integrated LPC-10-Z7045I2 (industrial temperature FPGA -40°C to 100°C) and LPM-RFXR-0200, conduction cooled
- xSDR-03 IP-67 chassis with integrated LPC-10-Z7045I2 (industrial temperature FPGA -40°C to 100°C) and LPM-RFXR-0200, conduction cooled, PoE and DC power supplies included
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
RRC’s xSDR RFXR
70 MHz to 6 GHz
Gain Adj. Range
1 dB to 60 dB, 1 dB steps
Receiver Return Loss
>10 dB (typ)
6 dB (typical, below 3 GHz)
4-band RX preselector
Run-time configurable, 200 kHz to 56 MHz
Up to 61.44 MSPS (I and Q)
+4 dBm (max)
Phase Noise (1 kHz to 1 MHz)
0.11° at 100 MHz, 0.26° at 1 GHz, 0.52° at 2.5 GHz, 1.3° at 6 GHz
>72 dB, (typ, 30 dB gain)
RX I/Q Image & DC Cancellation
> 80 dB (typ)
DSP Base Card
RRC’s xSDR LPFE DSP Base Card
Xilinx Zynq Z7045 standard,
Z7030 and Z7035 also available
FPGA attached: 2 GBytes
ARM attached: 512 MBytes
USB 2.0 OTG
UARTs: USB and RS-232
1 PPS and 10 MHz connectors, SMA
DC IRIG-B, U.FL
RRC’s embedded Linux distribution
Fan-Cooled: 5.45” x 5.00” x 1.50”, 35.5 oz.
Conduction-Cooled: 10.00” x 3.50”, x 2.46”, 62.4 oz.