Rincon Research’s MountainBrik RAID and Acquisition (MBRA), 2nd Generation, 16 TByte, with RFXR (MBRA2-16T-RFXR) system, is a portable, high-speed RAID storage solution with our RFXR signal acquisition hardware for RF signals. The integrated RFXR supports acquisition of signals from 70 MHz to 6 GHz without an external receiver.
Recordings can be done in single shot or in looped mode. In looped mode, new data overwrites older data for indefinite recording duration. The removable 16 TB, solid-state disk pack facilitates easy drive swaps in the field for additional storage.
The recorded data playback feature permits the user to reproduce an analog output of recorded data streams. Recorded data is time-tagged when the system is connected to external time/frequency sources.
The MBRA2-16T-RFXR has two independent inputs that can be used simultaneously. It also includes two independent sub-band tuners that can be deployed on either of the input channels. The sub-band tuners support output bandwidths from 21 kHz to 42 MHz. An intuitive Java-based command and control interface supports operation using Windows, OS X, and Linux platforms.
- Save the entire 105 MHz input bandwidth to disk for up to 21 hours
- Record at rates of up to 210 MByte/s in a single shot or in looped mode for indefinite recording duration
- Quickly and easily swap the removable 16 TB, solid-state disk pack for additional data storage
- Ascertain system health at a glance using the intuitive Web-based control interface
- Transport the system in a 16.4” x 8.8” x 13.3” rugged, lightweight, waterproof case
For more information, download the MBRA2-16T-RFXR Product Brief.
Orderable Part Numbers:
- s = Storage capacity (0 or 16)
- 0 = Empty disk pack included, no SSDs
- 16 = 16TB Disk pack included with 16 x 1TB SSDs installed
- m = Model (01, IFXR, or RFXR)
- 01 = IF recorder with Rincon’s IPPV5
- IFXR = IF recorder with Rincon’s xSDR IFXR
- RFXR = RF recorder with Rincon’s xSDR RFXR
- c = Customization Code, optional
- no code = standard
- MBRA2-16T-RFXR RF recorder with Rincon’s xSDR RFXR
- MBRA2-16T-01 IF recorder with Rincon’s IPPV5
- MBRA2-16T-IFXR IF recorder with Rincon’s xSDR IFXR
- MBRA2-DP-0T Removable disk pack for 16 mSATA SSDs (SSDs not included) for storage expansion
- MBRA2-DP-16T 16 TB removable disk pack (mSATA SSDs included) for storage expansion
Other configurations are possible. Please contact us if you are interested in customizing a product to your specific requirements.
Orders may be placed via e-mail, telephone, fax, or mail.
Commercial Price List available upon request.
Mail: Rincon Research Corporation
101 North Wilmot Road, Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING: Commodities, including associated software, firmware, and technical data, offered for sale on this site are controlled for export by the U.S. Department of State under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or by the Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Purchaser is required by U.S. law to comply with these regulations. Export, re-export, and retransfer of these commodities by any means without the required licenses or other U.S. Government authorization is prohibited by U.S. law.
Rincon’s xSDR with RFXR
Max Record Rate
Analog Input Channels
Dual, common LO and clock
Input Sample Rate
0.250 MSPS to 61.44 MSPS
Input Bandwidth (Max)
70 MHz to 6,000 MHz
Input Amplitude (Full-Scale)
Analog Output Channels
Dual, 70 MHz to 6 GHz, common LO and clock
Output Sample Rate
0.250 MSPS to 61.44 MSPS, locked to ADC sample clock
Output Bandwidth (Max)
Output Amplitude (Full-Scale)
+4 dBm (max)
0.2 Vpp to 10 Vpp, -10 dBm to +24 dBm, AC coupled, 10 MHz only
50Ω std, Hi-Z ordering option
NTP or NMEA-0183 (RS-232, LEMO Connector)
Within 2 ns using 1 PPS and external 10 MHz reference
Up to 16 TB with support for RAID 0, 5, or 6
4-line LCD with control panel
USB 3.0 (with security door), eSATA, VGA
16.4” x 8.8” x 13.3” Pelican case
110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Approximately 250 W
Ambient Operating Temperature
0°C to +45°C